Pages

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Why?

What am I doing?

Why am I sitting on this plane?

Why are you having me go teach english, Lord? I'm not qualified!

I don't think I have a strong talent for teaching... Wouldn't I be better useful using my strengths for you?

Why... why... why.....

Why me?

These questions filled my mind as I was cruising through the sky, high over the pacific ocean...

There certainly isn't any doubt that God has been leading me here...

But I still wonder why He's sending me to the jungle...

Perhaps there's something out there that he needs me to learn so I can be more useful...

Perhaps He needs to put me in a position where I have to completely and utterly trust Him...

Perhaps there's something else that he needs me to learn that I have no concept of...

Whatever the case may be...

I'm here, and God is with me... through it all... (Matthew 28:20)

---

I landed in Bangkok at 1:08 AM local time. Mike and Marilee were willing to pick me up at the airport and we got to their house at about 3:15AM...

I got a few hours of sleep and this afternoon I'll be taking the bus with Sarah Van Hee up to the Sharons project.

Thank you all for your prayers for safe travels... I had a number of delays but God worked it all out perfectly!

Please keep me in your prayers for continued safe travels.

The dreamliner

3 comments:

  1. The hugest lesson I've learned over the past year is that I must every day, every moment, completely rely on God. He is the only way to get through teaching when you're not a qualified teacher. :) He provides strength and wisdom for every single day. Keep trusting Him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God doesn't call the qualified; He qualifies the called. Praying for you, Jonathan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I consider myself to have a talent for teaching. I don't consider myself to have a talent for physical work (I'm not very strong or coordinated). Yet God took me out of teaching and has put me in carpentry for an indefinite time. I'd say your experience is normal =D

    ReplyDelete