Due to motorbike problems we couldn’t finish the trip before it got dark…
Which means we finished after dark… After traveling for more than 2 hours over muddy roads (raining much of the time) we finished the first part of the trip.
We then set off into the inky darkness to hike the last portion of the trip home.
It was raining pretty hard…
I was very thankful for my tall rubber boots, because most of the trail had water running down it… And all of it was very muddy.
The batteries were almost dead in the flashlight I was using…
I stumbled on a root but managed to not fall down…
The trail got steeper, the light got dimmer…
Then a vine caught my foot and I almost went tumbling…
I was soaked to the bone, and pretty miserable…
Then I did fall down…
“I wonder what could be worse than this darkness.” I mused…
Then I realized what’s worse…
The darkest night is one without Jesus…
“I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.” John 8:12
I want to walk with the Jesus, so I can be with the Light of the world…
What about you?
And never before coming here becoming part of people's lives did I have much idea of what that kind of darkness is. It's no joke when we hear that people need light. Keep shining!!
ReplyDelete