Certain people have asked for a blog post with stories from my time with Gayle.
And to be completely, brutally, honest...
Right now, there aren't a bunch of creative juices flowing
out of my brain.
There aren't eloquent, poetic, profound thoughts and concepts bubbling up just waiting to burst forth into cyberspace...
There aren't inspiring stories coming to mind from my time with Gayle.
Now, that certainly doesn't mean that there weren't inspiring stories that took place while I was there.
Sure, I don't have an amazing story of God's protection from a massive charging elephant... (Didn't even see an elephant at all, although we saw plenty of evidence.)
And there's no story of protection from a deadly snake...
The truck didn't almost fall off the road...
There are no incredible stories of visible protection...
But let me tell you what I did see.
I saw the Gospel in action.
I saw the Love of Jesus flowing forth from humans and affecting other humans.
I saw people who desperately need help, get the help they need.
I saw the pure joy on the faces of two people who recently were baptized.
I saw the even greater joy on the face of a dear missionary who has worked for nearly 6 years to see this fruit.
I experienced God leading me in the filming of this project.
And even though I don't have a bunch of inspiring stories, what I can say, is that I saw God work in amazing ways...
And to be completely, brutally, honest...
Right now, there aren't a bunch of creative juices flowing
out of my brain.
There aren't eloquent, poetic, profound thoughts and concepts bubbling up just waiting to burst forth into cyberspace...
There aren't inspiring stories coming to mind from my time with Gayle.
Now, that certainly doesn't mean that there weren't inspiring stories that took place while I was there.
Sure, I don't have an amazing story of God's protection from a massive charging elephant... (Didn't even see an elephant at all, although we saw plenty of evidence.)
And there's no story of protection from a deadly snake...
The truck didn't almost fall off the road...
There are no incredible stories of visible protection...
But let me tell you what I did see.
I saw the Gospel in action.
I saw the Love of Jesus flowing forth from humans and affecting other humans.
I saw people who desperately need help, get the help they need.
I saw the pure joy on the faces of two people who recently were baptized.
I saw the even greater joy on the face of a dear missionary who has worked for nearly 6 years to see this fruit.
I experienced God leading me in the filming of this project.
And even though I don't have a bunch of inspiring stories, what I can say, is that I saw God work in amazing ways...

Haha, welcome to life on the mission field! It's certainly not inspiring all the time! But God does lead faithfully, as He does anywhere. :)
ReplyDelete